Aadhaar card update: How to change photo and address on your Aadhaar Card
Aadhaar card update: The Aadhaar card is India’s unique identification system, it has become part of every Indian’s life. It serves as proof of identity, residence, and various government-related services. However, there are times when you need to update the information on your Aadhaar card, address, or an outdated photograph. This article guides you through the easy steps to change your photo and address on your Aadhaar card.
Updating an Aadhaar card is crucial since it is used for various purposes, such as opening a bank account, applying for government subsidies, and even for mobile SIM card verification. An incorrect address or an outdated photograph could lead to complications in availing of these services.
Changing Photo on Aadhaar Card
- You’ll need to visit an Aadhaar Enrollment Center to change your photo. Find the nearest center to your location.
- Obtain an Aadhaar Update Form at the center and fill it out. Make sure to select the “Photo Update” option.
- Provide your biometric data, which includes fingerprints and iris scans, for authentication.
- The official at the center will capture your new photograph.
- Verify all the details and provide your existing Aadhaar card number.
- After successful submission, you’ll receive an acknowledgment slip with an Update Request Number (URN). Keep this slip safe, as it will help you track the status of your update request.
Changing Address on Aadhaar Card
- Online Update:
- Visit the official Aadhaar Self-Service Update Portal (SSUP) at https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and the security code displayed on the screen.
- You’ll receive a One-Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP to log in.
- Select the “Address Update” option.
- Fill in your new address details and upload supporting documents.
- Review your information and submit the update request.
- Update at an Aadhaar Enrollment Center:
- Visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Center.
- Fill out the Aadhaar Update Form, selecting the “Address Update” option.
- Provide your new address proof documents.
- The official will verify your details and take biometric data.
- After successful verification, you’ll receive an acknowledgment slip with the URN.
When updating your address, you’ll need to provide valid supporting documents. The UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) includes a passport, Bank statement, Ration card, Voter ID, Utility bills (water, electricity, gas), Driving license, Government photo ID cards, Service photo ID issued by PSU, NREGS job card, Arms license, Pensioner card and Freedom fighter photo ID, ensure that the document you provide is recent, and the name on the document matches the name on your Aadhaar card.
Keeping your Aadhaar card details accurate, including your photo and address, is essential to access a variety of services. The process to update your Aadhaar information is straightforward, and you have options to either visit an Enrollment Center or update your address online. Following the steps outlined in this article, you can ensure that your Aadhaar card reflects your current information, making it a more valuable and reliable proof of identity and residence.